St. Mary's Episcopal Church

St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Cypress, Texas
www.stmaryscypress.org

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Five days to go and a preview

Some of us started the Bible in 90 Days today. Actually, in our class this morning, one member admitted she'd started about a month ago and was over half way through. She'd taken the time after lunch when she usually read a novel and was using it to read the Bible.

I've decided to try the listening method. I downloaded week one from audible.com and listened to it driving to and from a meeting. I not only listened my way through the first day, I'm into the second. Listening to those genealogies is not a bad thing.

Did you notice that we've added a third class on Sunday evenings after the 5.30 Eucharist?

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I started reading also knowing that there will be days that I won't be able to read. If you want to listen on the computer, there is a link to free audio. I tend to combine reading some and listening some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another comment. We plan to do the children's version with the children. It is just a list with 2 chapters from the Bible each day and is available on the web site. The Bible in 90 days sells a girls and a boy's version but from a brief glance I cannot tell that there is any difference - just a pink version and a blue version of the book with the excerpts of the Bible. It is not the entire Bible in 90 days, of course, but allows the children to work through the majority of the Bible along with us. This will be instead of our normal Bible/devotional time and then followed with prayer.

    ReplyDelete