St. Mary's Episcopal Church

St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Cypress, Texas
www.stmaryscypress.org

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How is it going?

Wednesday Morning Bible Study is a Bible in 90 Days group for the summer. We actually started the Wednesday before everyone else so we will be doing lesson two in the morning.

As I've been trying to read this week's lessons attentively, the down side to listening to the readings as I drive is that I find myself going off on a mental rabbit trail and come back to find out I've missed some of the reading. It made me wonder, "How is it going for you?"

Please give us your comments on the link at the end of this post (or any of the posts, for that matter).

Here's some feedback I've received:

Those reading aloud to Ruth have found that the 12 pages is too much for her. They will be reading a few less pages each day, so Ruth will be taking a little longer than 90 days.

A married couple is reading out loud to one another; the wife reported that it's taking longer than they expected because they find themselves stopping to talk about interesting bits.

The woman reading as she doing the treadmill finds that it makes her exercise time go by so much faster.

A group of you are getting up at 5 AM and reading your 12 pages (this challenge started by a mom of four young children).

A woman is surprised how quickly the reading is going; it's easier for her reading the Bible chapter by chapter rather than skipping around.

3 comments:

  1. So far so good. Beatriz and I (Miguel) are following the program using our Ipods. It's easy and we are really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing OK while on vacation in San Diego. Had lots of time by the pool to read, but also lots of distractions. I'm glad I read ahead last week as I am just on schedule now. We'll miss being with you tomorrow (Sunday) to discuss, but will be there next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Mary's friends: this is completely awesome. Keep up the great work. We just might have to copy this in Waco soon!

    ReplyDelete